What is Turbo-Chart?
Turbo-Chart is a new tool for generating Time Location charts that are used to visualise linear project schedules
What are Time Location Charts?
Time Location charts are a way of visualising project schedules with a an axis represting the linear alignment of a project on one axis, and time on the other axis.
Schedule activities are then plotted onto the chart according to the locations over which they occur and the dates that the project schedule determines.
What Scheduling Tools does Turbo-Chart work with?
Turbo-Chart can work with with the following Scheduling Tools:
- Primavera P6 Release 6+ SQL/SQLExpress/Oracle/Oracle XE by connecting to databases available from local P6 clients using privileged adminsitrator passwords
- Primavera P6 Release 15+ SQLite Databases
- Primavera P6 Release 6+ EPPM databases using Webservices
- Primavera P6 XER files (note XER files cannot be synchronised)
- Microsoft Project 2010 / 2013 /2016 using *.MPP files
- Safran Risk / Safran Project V7 onwards
- Asta Powerproject v14+ *.PP files
As well as the above products, Turbo-Chart will work with any data produced in tablular / spreadsheet format.
Does Turbo-Chart create Project Schedules?
While TurboChart can be used to create Project Tasks on a Time Location chart, Turbo-Chart does not contain a scheduling engine to generate traditional Critical Path Method analysis.
We have intentionally chosen this for two reasons:
- Our approach is that our users continue using Scheduling tools they are familiar with and are not required to spend significant time and effort in learning yet another Scheduling software tool
- By not introducing scheduling capabilities, Turbo-Chart is quick to learn, easy to use and can operate fast!
How much does Turbo-Chart cost?
We have our pricing and purchasing options listed, along with our regional partners on our purchase page
Can I get help using Turbo-Chart?
We hope that Turbo Chart is easy to use, and we don’t expect it will require significant effort or training to use. If you still need help:
- Tutorial videos and documentation will be available on our website
- Sample data is available within Turbo Chart from the HELP>DOWNLOAD SAMPLES menu
- Support is available to subscribed customers through their purchasing partner or via email: email@example.com
The latest User Guide is available from here
If you still require customised training, please Contact Us for assistance
Who is Developing Turbo-Chart?
Linear Project Software has been established specifically for the development of Turbo-Chart. More details are on our About Us page
PURCHASING, SUPPORT + MAINTENANCE
How do I Purchase Turbo-Chart?
What do i receive as part of my subscription?
When you purchase a Turbo-Chart subscription, you receive an activation code that allows you to use Turbo-Chart for the period of your subscription.
While subscribed you will also receive updates to the software, and access to support through your purchasing partner or with Linear Project Software.
What happens to my Chart data if I do not subscribe or renew my subscription? Will my data be lost?
If you do not subscribe or do not renew your subscription, you will not be able to launch Turbo-Chart or receive updates or receive support
Regardless, your data is yours and stored locally on your machine. It is stored in an open standard (JSON) and can easily be decoded and used by other systems.
No Turbo-Chart data (other than support related issues) are accessed or retained by Linear Project Software.
Can I install Turbo-Chart onto multiple PC’s under my registered account?
At this stage, Turbo-Chart can only be installed on one PC per user. If you are interesed in concurrent licensing options, please contact us
I'm interested in becoming a Turbo-Chart partner, what do I do?
First check if we already have a partner in the region on our partners page, but we’d still be interested in hearing from you. We expect our partners to be able to do the following:
- Promote and market Turbo-Chart to potential customers
- Become expert users of Turbo-Chart, and to be able to train users if required
- Support customers in using Turbo-Chart
Are there any minimum PC specs to use Turbo-Chart?
You must have or be able to install .Net4.5
See Microsoft’s Website for more infromation: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8z6watww(v=vs.110).aspx
Will Turbo-Chart work without an Internet connection?
Yes it will. BUT, without it you won’t get updates. When the installed license expires it will need to be refreshed via the internet (or over the phone).
Do I need Admin rights on my PC to install Turbo-Chart?
You should not need full admin rights. We are using a technology called ClickOnce which should allow you to install without full permissions.
More details here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/142dbbz4(v=vs.90).aspx
There may be rare instances where there may be installation issues. As each PC configuration/ IT Dept. settings vary, your own support is best placed to assist with installation issues.
My organisation uses Citrix to deploy P6, can it still use Turbo-Chart?
We are aware that many organisation deploy P6 via Citrix environments and we do intend to support such environments in the very near future. If your organisation is able to assist in testing & development in such environments, we’d love to hear from you.
Our initial development of P6 connectivity to Turbo-Chart is to users who have SQLite, SQL Servers and Oracle XE as local databases.