Turbo-Chart is a new tool for generating Time Location charts (also known as Linear Schedules or Time Distance/ Time Chainage Charts) that are used to visualise linear project schedules, directly from your preferred scheduling tools.
Time Location charts are a way of visualising project schedules representing the linear alignment of a project on one axis, and time on the other axis.
Schedule activities are then plotted onto the chart according to the locations over which they occur and the dates that the project schedule determines.
Different types of shapes, colours and patterns are used to represent the different type of work occurring.
Turbo-Chart can work with with the following Scheduling Tools:
- Primavera P6 Release 6+ SQL/SQLExpress/Oracle/Oracle XE by connecting to databases available from local P6 clients using privileged adminsitrator passwords
- Primavera P6 Release 15+ SQLite Databases
- Primavera P6 Release 6+ EPPM databases using Webservices
- Primavera P6 XER files (note XER files cannot be synchronised)
- Microsoft Project 2010 / 2013 /2016 using *.MPP files
- Safran Risk / Safran Project V7 onwards
- Asta Powerproject v14+ *.PP files
As well as the above products, Turbo-Chart will work with any data produced in tabular / spreadsheet format.
While TurboChart can be used to create Project Tasks on a Time Location chart, Turbo-Chart does not contain a scheduling engine to generate traditional Critical Path Method analysis.
We have intentionally chosen this for two reasons:
- Our approach is that our users continue using Scheduling tools they prefer and are familiar with and are not required to spend significant time and effort in learning yet another Scheduling software tool
- By not introducing scheduling capabilities, Turbo-Chart is quick to learn, easy to use and can operate fast!
We hope that Turbo Chart is easy to use, and we don’t expect it will require significant effort or training to use. If you still need help:
- Tutorial videos and documentation will be available on our website and also on our YouTube Channel
- Sample data is available within Turbo Chart from the HELP>DOWNLOAD SAMPLES menu
- Support is available to subscribed customers through their purchasing partner or via email: email@example.com
The latest User Guide is available from here
If you still require customised training, please Contact Us for assistance
Purchasing, Support and Maintenance
If you require more licenses or want to receiv discounts for bundles of licenses, contact our regional partners, Where we do not have a partner Linear Project Software can sell licenses direct to users.
When you purchase a Turbo-Chart subscription, you receive an activation code that allows you to use Turbo-Chart for the period of your subscription.
While subscribed you will also receive updates to the software, and access to support through your purchasing partner or with Linear Project Software.
If you do not subscribe or do not renew your subscription, you will not be able to launch Turbo-Chart or receive updates or receive support
Regardless, your data is yours and stored locally on your machine. It is stored in an open standard (JSON) and can easily be decoded and used by other systems.
No Turbo-Chart data (other than support related issues) are accessed or retained by Linear Project Software.
If you have a valid subscription, you may install and activate Turbo-Chart on two unique machines for the same user using the license code provided after subscription
If you are interested in other licensing options, please contact us
We do allow transfers of licenses when users leave an organisation, however licenses cannot be swapped or exchanged to previous Turbo-Chart users during the subscription period.
We can offer other licensing options for organisations requiring multiple users.
First check if we already have a partner in the region on our partners page, but we’d still be interested in hearing from you. We expect our partners to be able to do the following:
- Promote and market Turbo-Chart to potential customers
- Become expert users of Turbo-Chart, and to be able to train users if required
- Support customers in using Turbo-Chart
You must have or be able to install .Net4.5
See Microsoft’s Website for more infromation: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8z6watww(v=vs.110).aspx
Yes it will. BUT, without it you won’t get updates. When the installed license expires it will need to be refreshed via the internet (or over the phone).
You should not need full admin rights. We are using a technology called ClickOnce which should allow you to install without full permissions.
More details here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/142dbbz4(v=vs.90).aspx
There may be rare instances where there may be installation issues. As each PC configuration/ IT Dept. settings vary, your own support is best placed to assist with installation issues.
Yes! in fact we’ve created a Paste Wizard that makes copying from P6 to Turbo-Chart as quick and easy as directly connecting to a P6 Database. See our post here for more information.
P6 database connectivity to Turbo-Chart is available to users who have SQLite, SQL Servers and Oracle XE as local databases, or can access databases using P6 Web Services.
We are aware that many organisation deploy P6 via Citrix environments and we do intend to support such environments in the very near future. If your organisation is able to assist in testing & development in such environments, we’d love to hear from you.